The Journal of the Society performs its initiative responsibility as a representative academic publication for researches and practices of Korean dance as a future study based on the nature of Korean dance.
In the future, the responsibility and the roll should be fully achieved to publish the Journal of the Society in high quality as well.
For the qualitative authority for true progressions of academic publications on Korean dance, the Society details and enacts the principle and the criteria for the objective and strict ethics codes as followings.
Article 1 The Obligation of Study Researcher
- ①Researchers should take responsibilities for their studies including indications based on reasonable arguments supporting the relevant researches possessing sufficient values.
- ②In-advance investigations on the same researches and research results must be performed and the honesty, the truthfulness and the accuracy should be set as the basic principles for the research activities.
- ③Researchers shall be acknowledged only on researches actually performed and/or contributed to by their own works and be responsible for contents of their researches. Also, they should respect rights and/or intellectual properties of original writers of referenced and/or quoted works by revealing the research achievements of the original writers in the presented studies.
- ④Researchers are prohibited for any personal criticism other than academic critic regarding other researchers’ results.
- ⑤Regardless domestic or international publications, researchers must not publish their own works that previously have been published (are planned or are under reviews to be published) as new research results or submit their works simultaneously to any other similar academic society.
- ⑥Researchers may quote or refer other researchers’ work results by identifying relevant sources. However, they must not present any part of other researchers’ work results pretending as own research results or arguments.
- ⑦Researchers shall not commit any forgery on research data or distort (falsify) any content or result of study by manipulation, modification and/or deletion of any relevant research process.
Article 2 Ranges of the Main Writer and the Co-writer
- ①Co-writer is the person who actually has made the contribution to the study and shall share the responsibility and the achievement on the study result. ② Co-writer shall be limited as the person who directly has participated in the idea presentation, the design, the performance, the interpretation and other activities for the study and shall be listed as a co-writer considering the research contribution. ③ The organization of a researcher at the time when the study has been performed shall be specified in principle. In case of change of the organization at the time of submission, the fact of change should be specified by a note.
Article 3 Definitions of Research Misbehavior
Any action qualified as a forgery, unapproved distortion, plagiarism, unfair specification of writer or double publication that occurs in any proposal of study, research performance, report or presentation of research result and/or research review or evaluation is subjected to the misbehavior in all research processes.
- ①“Forgery” refers to the action of producing any false data and/or research result that has never existed.
- ② “Distortion” refers to the action of distorting any research content and/or result by intensively manipulating any research material, device and/or process and/or modifying and/or deleting and data. (Herein, “deleting’ refers any action to take and use only beneficial data by intensively excluding data interfering the draw of desired research result.)
- ③ “Plagiarism” refers to the action of using any copyright, research idea, hypothesis, theory and/or other research result of others that is protected by the copyright act without any rightful approval or reference.
- - An intentional illegal use of any achievement of previous researcher(s)
- - An action to duplicate any part of other’s writing or study
- - An action to summarize and insert of any content of writing’s text without specifying the original writer
- ④ “Improper specification of the writer of study” refers to the action that does not assign the qualification of the writer of study to the person who has made an academic contribution to the research content and/or result without any rightful cause or the action that assigns the qualification of the writer of study to any person has not made any academic contribution due to the personal emotion, benefit and/or courtesy.
Article 4 The Ethics and the Duty of Editorial Committee
- ①The committee shall be responsible to make decision on the publication of a submitted study and respects the independency of the writer(s).
- ② The committee shall put priorities on the quality and the fairness of the study submitted for publication in the Journal over the gender, age and institution of the writer regardless of any prejudice or personal acquaintance.
- ③ The study review should be commissioned to review members having fair determination capabilities after selecting experts in relevant field. On commissioning the review, any review member having a friendly or unfriendly relation with the researcher should be avoided so that an objective evaluation should be achieved.
- ④ Before the determination on the publication of a submitted study, any matter regarding the researcher or any content of the study shall not be opened.
- ⑤ In case of any matter such as raising an issue regarding the study review of any review member, the ethics committee should be immediately notified and a proper response should be performed for the matter.
Article 5 The Research Ethics Codes for Review Members
- ① Review members shall evaluate any study sincerely within the preset period and notify the evaluation result to the editorial committee.
- ② Review members should evaluate sincerely and fairly on any study commissioned for review based on objective standards and should not reject any study without providing a sufficient basis.
- ③ Each review member shall respect the independency of researchers as an expert with knowledge and express own decision on the study in the written review, but avoid any degrading or insulting expression on researchers.
- ④ Review members shall not pass any study subjected to the review to others or quote any content of the study before the Journal containing the study is published.
Article 6 The Composition and the Implementation Guidelines of Ethics Committee
- ①All members of Korean Dance Association and the Society should make pledges to comply with this research ethics codes. However, existing members on the effectuation of research ethics code shall be considered as already have pledged for this ethics codes.
- ② Any member who reports the violation of research ethics codes by other member shall make efforts to correct the problem by reminding the member for the research ethics codes first before reporting the violation. The ethics committee shall not disclose the identification of the member who has reported the problem.
③ The ethics committee shall be composed of 5 - 7 members designated by the Chairperson of the Board according to the recommendations made by the Board of Directors. Any member who has any direct interest with the reported case is not allowed to participate in the investigation, review and/or determination of the case.
- The term for committee member is two years.
- ④ The ethics committee may demand the person under investigation for any witness and/or any evidence material regarding the case reported as a violation of the research ethics codes.
- ⑤ To any member determined for violating the research ethics codes, a sufficient opportunity for explanation should be given. Also, the identification of the relevant member shall not be disclosed externally before the final determination for disciplinary action of the Society is notified.
- ⑥ In case a member is found to violate the research ethics codes, the President may call the Board of Directors and make recommendation for the proper restriction measure.
- ⑦ The research ethics committee may apply a disciplinary action such as the warning, the submission restriction or the stop or the deprivation of membership to a member determined to have violated the research ethics codes and may announce such action to the outside including the institution where the member belongs to.
Article 7 The Verification Principles on Misconduct
- ①The President of Society of Korean Dance Studies should make efforts to have the ethics committee comply with the research ethics strictly without receiving any unfair pressure from outside.
- ② The research ethics committee shall secure the same opportunities to the reporter and the wrongdoer for the opinion statement and the defense, and recommend the related procedure in advance to find the truth.
- ③ The research ethics committee should consider for the reporter and the person under investigation not to have their honors or rights interfered during the investigation process to find the truth.
Article 8 The Verification Process on Misconduct
- ① The verification process on any misconduct is performed in the order of phases including the preliminary investigation, the main investigation and the determination.
- ② The reporter or the person under investigation may raise the objection in written within 15 days after the determination.
- ③ The reporter is allowed to request to avoid the research ethics committee.
Article 9 The Action and the Preservation of Misconduct Result
- ① The ethics committee may recommend a disciplinary action for the person under investigation to the President of the Society.
- ② The President of the Society shall notify in written the relevant action to the person under investigation.
- ③ Records of the verification process including th
Article 10 The Training Measure on Research Ethics
- ① The President of Society shall actively emphasize the morality and the research ethics codes that should be maintained by researchers in the research process, the range of misconduct, the response measures such as disadvantages on finding a misconduct and the trust and sincerity of research activity though the Society’s web site or journal.
Article 11 Other Regulatory Instructions
- ① Any matter that is not specified other than the above codes shall be subjected to the determination of the ethics committee.
Addendum: This ethics codes is established on January 1, 2008.
Revised on June 1, 2013.